Thursday, November 26, 2009

A day with the Missionaries

Firstly I would like to apologize for not yet posting those updates that I promised. Soon! Just after I'm done with all my deadlines and assignments!

Today was great. Did my first task as a ward missionary which is to assist the missionaries! The initial plan was to visit two person to have lessons with them.

After picking me up, we drove towards the first person. But somehow we missed a few roads and could not get there in time =X. Manchester is a city pretty much like KL where some turns have no U-Turns. Therefore we have to drive all the way along Deansgate just to turn back. We had to reschedule the lesson though. =S Time constraint.

Next was apparently a person name Naomi. =) We were there a bit early so Elder Larson and Elder Hasting tried to find people to spread the word and have lessons which. Some were really open about it and listen but most of the time it was rejections. I find it hard to try preach someone about the church when most of them are already Christians. Initially I just walked with them, observing them.

As time goes by, maybe led by the spirit... confidence crept into me. I began speaking alongside with the Elders. Although I wasn't the one looking for people to approach, this was a start! at 4.15pm we went over Naomi but apparently she wasn't at home. =( So we left leaving behind a note.

I went back and cook maggi cause I didn't do my grocery shopping yet and had to throw away the chicken breast meat that I bought earlier cause it was looking dodgy.

Went to Stretford Ward for the Ward Missionaries meeting. My first meeting ^^. Interesting enough a guy pop inside the meeting. We reckon he was a bit 'nuts' cause he was babbling and making weird statements. No offence but seriously, he wasn't making any senses.

Later on I joined the Elders to go to Sam's place where they gave him a lesson. It was on the law of chastity, tithing and order preparations for baptism. =)

Tomorrow is the Institute... Friday the Londoners are coming to Manchester, and we are finalizing the slides for Business and Management Presentation. Saturday AGM for MSSM and I have to work on my web and database assignment! Woah! Busy weekend ahead!

No comments: