Sunday, January 22, 2012

Radio, CNY and Series!

I think exam periods are one of the best and worst of all time. Its so stressful that you have limited time for revision, and no matter how much you try to cram, it just won't go in.

I've learnt it through my years of secondary schooling, colleges and the first two years in uni; Cramming is suicidal. ;P Trust me it does. So what are my methods then?

I still do my usual 're-write all my notes before exams' tradition. Its easier for me to read [my own handwriting, its simplify and well of course I read them as I write]. The important key that I've learnt to change, is after every few topics, try to find something interesting, link them with the topic you know and ask yourself some questions. I would often sidetrack to do minor research, read up on things and do further research.

Sidetracking is a dangerous business, but once you understand it beyond the lectures, it gets really darn easy to memorize and apply during the exams.

=] Try it! it works like a charm!

Sidetracking, Lin Lee introduced me to OneFM. I normally listen to HitzFm but since I'm craving for more chinese songs, have to improve my banana like chinese hehe. I'm getting better at Mandarin but I'm sensing that my Cantonese and Hokkien had deteriorate. ='[ This is bad! They are quite funny and I like the songs selection. A mixture of old and new with a twist of english here and there.

Only sad part is that they are playing too much CNY songs! RAWR! OMG I miss home so much. Had a Facetime earlier this morning as sis just bought herself an Iphone 4S as well. Hehe, now mummy wants one as well. Funny to see home cause the Phone is obviously so portable. Gives me a different feeling that a skype video session. =] I like this one more~

Series! Well de-stress/break/foodie time often equates to watching the tele or my lappy. In this case I've been watching HIMYM/TBBT but it wasn't enough. SO BBC iPlayer to the rescue. I've discovered Sherlock Holmes, brilliant show. =p He notices all the small things but of course aren't bothered by mundane human interactions. Somehow, I got a soft spot for this. =]




Pyin Nie and I swapped series. After Audit we went to Nero to have our cuppa coffee. Pyin Nie and I were all having abnormal sleeping patterns. Could say our body clock went cuckoo. ;]. Pyin Nie had valid reasons of course, she was jet-lagged. I on the other hand, none.








So I have gotten her to watch Sherlock Holmes, and in return she has gotten me to watch Hustle. Mind you, I was more merciful as Sherlock Holmes only had 2 seasons with 3 episodes each. Hustle on the other hand, is on series 8. @.@ Kill me please. Its a funny series though. About con man doing what they do best, conning people.





Got one by Jac though, The Secret Circle. I haven't started on that yet but will do soon, I hope. After I'm done with all these bloody papers.

Okay, toodle loo for now ;)


No comments: