Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Of transitions and flights

I could say the days after exams were most unproductive.

Wake up
Check Websites
Play Games
Eat
Youtubes
Movies
Sleep
-And sometimes grocery shopping!-

But anyway during my flight and transits today I manage to talk to 3 different people. One british, One Malaysian Indian and One Malaysian Indian.

What they have the same in common? Life experience and advise for my future self.

I find it amusing that all of them agree that the degree paper is just a entry requirement for a job application.
What you need is the skill to communicate efficiently, leadership/follower qualities, the drive to keep learning (and fast), creativity and networking.

It all boils down to these things all in the end.

There's a lot of things that were in those conversations as well, the Malaysian Government, Corruption, 'Favourite selections', Job hopping, and travelling.

It was nice to talk to these people. I gain some new knowledge while reinforcing the old.

The flight from Manchester to Doha was pretty empty. Sat beside an elderly British women who was going to visit her daughter in Bahrain (I think). Didn't have much time to linger around Doha airport as I only had an hour before my next flight. Plus/minus the security and walking time, I only had 10 minutes to rest and stretch and that was at the boarding gate!

Now I'm stuck in KLIA. I don't think I can take the bus as I'm exhausted and tired and I seriously don't want to carry my bags.

=.= bothersome.


No comments: