Wednesday, January 14, 2009

As world collides and crashes down the lowly path of life

Universities offers seems to be the buzz around the college lately. We have one holding an offer from Cambridge and another two from Oxford. Which doesn't matter much to me as I didn't apply to any of those.

Practically I am more worried about my offers. So far I have gotten Manchester, Lancaster and Bristol. The other two in the unconfirmed list would be Warwick and LSE. For the past month, I have been content that if I didnt get LSE, Sime Darby would still send me to the UK as Manchester was in their list. Imagine my horror today, 2 hours ago when I call Kak Muja about our university application.

"The University list is out and I'm afraid that Manchester is not in the list, only Oxford, Cambridge and LSE is in it. But don't worry, I'll send the list to you guys soon and I will also be coming to KYUEM to meet all of you..."

Man, those words just keep ringing in my head for now. Only LSE? =( It is my dream university but I'm just afraid that I'll get rejected by them.

Which leaves Australia for me... To think of it, Melbourne aint that bad after all ( or perhaps ANU). At least there are some people that I know there =)

So for all the ramblings that I'm having now, I still have that tiny spark of hope I guess. I still haven't gotten any reply from LSE yet, which probably might be good or bad since the news that I heard from my friends are the bad ones. Them being rejected.

I guess , I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

No comments: