Thursday, March 24, 2011

A walk around Manchester, down town.

It was a sunny Tuesday afternoon and I felt bored. So after sleeving up my deck at Fanboy3 (bought new sleeves!), I went for a quick detour and walk around Manchester trying to find spots I would rarely walk on.


Of course I started at Piccadilly Gardens ;P, where else would it be? The Fountains were on and we had little kids running in it. Trying to make it through dry but I bet they love getting wet. Who doesn't?


This was a picture around Piccadilly Gardens. As you can see the sun is setting down. It was around 5-ish, so I don't really have much time. I find the blue evening sky (Wish it was scarlet!) very soothing.


Down to Market Street. On a weekend or in the afternoon, this place would normally be buzzing with people.   with street performers at the side and shop lots right and left of this street, it is indeed a market street!


Here is Cross Street, near Corporation Street or the Exchange Square, not a place I would normally venture to as I normally turn right towards Printworks or Victoria Station. But lets try turning left instead today!


Yes! Blame me! 2 years staying in Manchester and I didn't knew there was a theatre here. I only knew the one along Oxford Road and the one in Spinningfields. But never the Exchange Theatre. Should go inside for a show someday.


Oh yes! Pokemons are everywhere! They are invading UK as we speak! I thought of taking this pictures on my way (Since I have nothing to do). I played Pokemon a long long time ago (it was just 11 years ago, so I still think its long! Its been half my lifetime so far). Gave up on the cards when Nintendo took over. But its cute and interesting to see these adverts all over the place.
  
 

I always wonder about these bollards. Sometimes they are raised, sometimes they are lowered. Would really like to see them in the process of being raised/lowered.


Outdoor pub. Seems interesting though definitely not a place for a cup of tea. Need to go Teacup or Nexus for that. But on a cloudy day, having lunch here outdoor would be fine I suppose. 




Talk about finding tombs in the middle of the city! Seriously? This was at St. Ann's square, a place I knew to be home to fashion designs, art and cafes. This gave me an eerie feeling (even when it was in broad daylight!). The tombs are there and warnings are written so people don't trample over the dead. *shudders* I wonder who would.


Moving on I found this parth way on the corner lot. Its actually a pathway through the buildings and was pretty dark when I walk past through it. Though there was a scent of pee in there. I guess some drunkards must have eased themselves there at night.




Further down the road, I only came here when it was night time in December due to the fact that this was a walkway for the Christmas Market. So I was less observant to what lies on the road. Seems like a fair place, more office and similar to those in the Deansgate area.


 Yeah, I decided to be a bit vain after a while.  See the blue sky behind me ;)


Then I ended up at our City Council. I really do love this building. I feel England-ish whenever I'm near these kind of buildings. St Peter's Square was behind this and Chinatown was nearby, so after admiring the City Council building for a while, I went to Wong Wong's Bakery on Princess Street for my Lou Po Peng (Literally Wife's Cake or Sweetheart Cake) which I adore! I just can't describe the taste though I think the ones we have back in Malaysia taste better. But beggars can't be choosers. I also bought Yau Cha Kwai as its another snack I like. However I ended up using it for Bak Kut Teh instead since I felt that it was a waste to eat it just like that :). Impromptu dinner instead of my usual soup noodles or fried rice!


Yum Yum! I still got 2 packets of Bak Kut Teh herbs so if anyone wants I can cook for them :p

No comments: