Sunday, March 22, 2009

Worry for nothing...

** Click on the picture to enlarge them.

Well these is the status of My UCAS Application 



Did it a bit early in accepting the offers and declining them for the purpose of securing an accomodation ASAP. You guys know the terror in finding an accomodation in London right?

One month after I have applied, here comes the offer letter for my accomodation. Of all the odds, 130+ single room in Carr Saunders and 10 twin room and I got the twin room. I just hope this is an en suite twin room or else I'll die. =/ On the bright side, I have more money to spend. =)

I phoned Kak Muja to asked if Sime Darby could pay the deposit in advance for me, which she say she could in 2 weeks time. However the due date for the deposit is also in 2 weeks times so it has been kind of a rush. 






The day before the dateline for the payment to be made, I phoned Kak Muja to ask her about the payment. Apparently Kak Intan and the secretary had both taken their leave and that the Board won't be free to approve it for another week. 

In haste (and panic as well ) I wrote a letter to the Accommodation department of LSE, requesting for and extendtion , perhaps a longer time. Everythings gonna be fine Adrian, I told myself. They will get it done for you, so cheer up. However an hour later, Kak Muja phoned me saying that I will have to pay for it myself in advance and they will reinburse me later.

Chill, no hurries. But that wasn't all. My mum didnt apply for a security code = =" and it will take 2 weeks before we could get one. The payment couldn't be processed at all =/. I was so freaked out and was saying gosh this can't possibly happen. This is so not going according to plan.

So I tried again, entering the details as carefully as I can, ignoring the security code. Luckily on the 2nd attemp, it went through. Only later did I realise my mistake, I forgot to fill in one of the field which was marked * before this, my mum's name. 

All the worrying and panicking for nothing. Huhu =/ 



Well at least they have replied to my e-mail. I'm now sure the payment has went through and I shall have a nice accomodation at Carr-Saunders Hall for my first year in LSE.

To think of it, I could avoid this mess if I just used my own money to pay for the deposit. But hey, why waste a thousand bucks where it could be claim rite. = =" That thinking almost got me into deep waters.

ps: I think I worry too much at times.

No comments: