Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A collection of something, as if.

Part 1

 

Sadness before Happiness,

Fall before Rising,

Sick before Well,

Broken before Completed.

 

It seems in an everyday life, or perhaps in life itself generally, things come in pairs. Sometimes in ways which we could not fathom or predict, it just is.

 

There are always two (or perhaps more) views or perception to a point, condition, and situation etcetera etcetera. However, can you stand on both sides? The answer is unique to each individual as some can see from both sides while others remain a uno perspective.

 

For me, after several years of handling problems, I've realised that in the eye of the storm, everyone holds a bit of responsibility towards the problem. You can never say it’s entirely someone's fault as other people's actions might prompt another person's action which will repeat itself in a long and whirly cycle which will result in someone making a wrong decision giving way for hell to break lose on earth.


Therefore in my opinion, everyone should at least bear a bit of responsibility when a problem occurs and not just blame it entirely on an individual, or perhaps a group of individuals. You might never know, but you might be the butterfly in the whole storm metaphor.

 

Things was going well back in the old days, as the other party would be sensible to listen and discuss to find the root of the problem and thus later on a solution. However, not all will do that. They are the kind that could not accept themselves at wrong, wanting to be perfect, in denial kind of person. They escape from problems by changing the subject and start making excuses just for a cover up. Sounds familiar? We all do know this kind of person in our life. If not now, perhaps in the future.

 

I have to admit that when I was young, I used to be that kind of person. However, lying and making up stories tend to lead to more problems or if it was solve, it is at other's people expenses. The innocent if you want to name it. Twas the time I learnt to change, to listen, to negotiate and to accept people's opinion on situation. See it as a whole and not just judge it from one side. 

 

Ponder for a while and think. Will you feel good if you escape your verdict at other's people's expenses? If you do, then I have nothing to say. Those people should have never have existed.

 

I would say that I would be happy if I have my friend to defend for me. Two is better than one however there lies truth in the saying ' Too many cooks spoils the broth'. Take a while and ponder, are your action justified and is the right thing to do? Will this has any adverse on my friend? I know if someone hurt your friend, the easiest way is to seek revenge and hurt him/her back. An eye for and eye, a tooth for a tooth, insult for insult ... yadda yadda. 

 

But seriously do use God's greatest gift to mankind, the ability to think. You do have to realise that the person who you are seeking revenge have friends to. If he/she thinks the same way, he/she will be the next to seek revenge and the cycle will continue with your friend and their friend.

 

Let those who are involved solve their own problem. It’s okay to seek advice but once you stepped in verbally or physically. You're in for a tough show.

 

Part 2

 

Venturing near the end of my college life, it seems that it was not exactly what I've always dreamt back in high school. As days past and season changes, life unfolds itself, mysteriously as it used to.

 

Throughout these 18 months, 

 

Did I grow?

Did I become a better person?

 

Have I make an impact to the world, or perhaps the society around me?

Have I become wiser?

 

Will I remember these memories?

Will I succumb to the sins in life? 

 

Questions unfolded,

Waiting to be answered,

In the eyes of the Almighty,

I seek thy guidance,

For one was lost,

For another shall be found,

In dire situation lies the challenge,

A challenge of worthiness,

In the eyes of the beholder.

 

To wrap things up,

 

Ye are who ye seek to be, nonetheless greater, nonetheless stronger.

 

No comments: