Sunday, May 31, 2009

Rewind and Play

12 years ago….

Mandarin was my medium of communication during my early years.

It’s funny how a small incident back then can changed everything.

I swore never to touch Mandarin ever again. I hated it for the troubles it caused me. The infinite nagging, comparison to my siblings and my future if I couldn’t get 100% in my exams now, what will happen to me in primary school and as well as in the future?

Years I evaded that language. I even told Sensei Aoki Mikiko that I didn’t want to learn Kanji as it was Mandarin. Dialect was all that I used. To be frank, Hokkien and Cantonese was all I need to survive in Penang and KL. English was the main lingua franca so I’ll guess I survive till the end without it.

Mandarin, the most spoke language in this world.

Present day…..

I’m trying my best to relearn it again. It seems hard but I believe that where there is a will, there is a way.

I’m lucky to have a great teacher that doesn’t mind when I ask the same question three times in the row. =) (Don’t be angry if I ask the fourth time ^_^)

I’m lucky that she’s the one teaching me, bearing with all my nonsense and correcting me every now and then.

At some times, some laughter had to be shared. However, I am trying to make it a two sided joke instead of a one way rattling of the funny bone.

To persevere and strives towards the future, together as one.

2 comments:

Chuckie Cotton said...

I hated it till I was forced to use it for daily life, everyone speak mandrin and if I try to avoid, I'll be left out.. Even now in college, mandrin is the best way to gain frens.

Lee Weei Chuah said...

mayb u duno,i can speak mandarin but dun even noe hw 2 write or read!huhu....