Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Perhaps

I stood there as eternity burned before me. Ashes of people once known to me were flying, like crumpled sand in a sandstorm. 

At that point, memories of the past engulfed me like fire.

Guilt, Compassion, Love, Sorrow, Happiness, Anger, Hatred.. 

All were brushing pass me. My whole life was replayed before my eyes. 

Did I felt regret over the things which I have done?

Yes.

Did I felt regret for things that I never pursue? 

Yes .

Suddenly, all those images and feelings were gone. Eternity as well faded away. The scenery changed into something darker. 

A labyrinth. A maze.

I look around me as the light grew dimmer. Darkness was crowding in, and shadows begins to lurk. I hasten my steps and began wandering. 

To the left....

And to the right...

Left...... Right..... Right.... Left....

Where is my destination?

I do not know.

Why am I here?

I do not know.

This feeling, suppressed in me. It feels like its about to burst, but yet it is not time. For now, the shades rules the realm.

Suddenly, I reach a dead end. A solid door with ancient carvings on it. I see a man, holding a bird in its hand. Next to it were inscription with words of the old.

"To gain another, one must first lose thyself,
To seek one's heart desire, undo the cradle of life,
To become one, to be full, one must understand......."

I gasped at the inscription. 

It was incomplete.

Understand what? 


I look around , distracted by a figure.

Great! There is a level. Perhaps thats the key to open the door.

A weak smile curved on my face as I reach out my hands to pull the level. A last to my dismay, my hand went through it. It was as if it was just a projectile, there to fool man.

I looked around, half ranting, half sulking. And then I saw,

Next to the level was yet another inscription.

"Only those worthy will pass."

Am I not worthy, or is it not time? 

For a moment I sat down to ponder. Time revolves around me, aging my surrounding as I stayed there, motionless. My hair grew, snakelike and long. Black strands turned into grey, white hair. A mixture of both. The labyrinth fade away and what was left was a meadow, full with daisy at the very far end.

At that moment, I woke up into reality. 

Perhaps it was only a dream. 

Perhaps it was my sub conscious telling me something.

Perhaps, just maybe,

It was nothing.
 

2 comments:

Chuck Bass said...

Best sangat cerita nie Tehpong!!

Adrian K said...

Thanks haidhar... =)