Tuesday, June 9, 2009

17 again?

Tian Feng was telling me about this movie the other day. About being 17 all over again, living the past again and not regretting a single thing. 

For me, the past shapes who I am today. Sincerely, I would like to amend a few things that I did in the past but the past is the past. We just have to learn to live with it. 

I love this saying: 

“You can either choose to dwell in the past or live in the present.” 

What do we choose? Do we reminiscent over the past, dwell in it or do we learn our mistakes from the past and avoid making stupid and silly decisions in the present as well as the future?

Its funny how history is suppose to teach us about the past, to learn and to yield knowledge from past works and surprisingly a lot of us still relive those incidents in history in our very own way. Perhaps mankind does not learn from making mistakes or is it just because of the thrill of doing something, even if the consequences are disastrous. Perhaps certain things, we just have to live it for our self. To kindle the flame before getting burned. To feel the pain.

The fool learns from their mistakes, the wise learn from the mistakes of the fools. Which is true? The fool or the wise? If you have never been through it, it’s just theoretically true, probably with a bit of evidence but life is full of wonders. It’s unpredictable and that makes life interesting. If life was a mathematical equation of some sort, with a define sets of answers, then what is the purpose of living life? Is it just to discover those answer and then life is over for us? 

There are many solutions to a problem, perhaps many methods. We just have to find one that suits us best. Some maybe inappropriate for you where else it’s the perfect solution for others. If everyone uses the same method, do everything the same, what different do we have from something being programmed e.g. robots? They do everything similarly till there is nothing unique about them. 

Maths is defined to find solutions, approximations to some degree. When I first realised it, I lost interest in it being the most definite thing that I could learn. In its case, it is true for most , probably 99.99% of problems but where is that 0.01%?

This is why I pursue to look for a more definite explanation. I still love Maths, but not as much as I used to. 

Some  say that it’s useless to worry about the small percentile. Useless as it may seem, it’s in my nature to be curious. I would pretty like everything to be defined, to be known to me. Where else people would disregard that small portion of life, I would pursue on it. Besides, someone would solve the other 99.99% for me, so why bother doing extra work? :D. 


Perhaps this is one of the bits of the puzzle of life which I have to discover.

Perhaps it’s my life purpose to know.

Perhaps and just perhaps I’m just being persistent,

In something uncertain.

For the only thing certain about life is uncertainty. 


Intriguing as it is, humans are still humans. Christian belief that God created humans in his own image. We are sent to earth in order to learn, to differentiate between right and wrong, to understand. Buddhist believes in achieving enlightenment. To understand and to be free from pain and suffering.

 

Therefore, is it necessary for us : 

To experience sadness before happiness?

To experience pain before relief?

To make the wrong choice before the right?

To be a sinner before righteousness?

To be lost before being found?


Take some time to ponder and perhaps, those enfeebled mind of ours might be able to comprehend all these mystery. 


PS: To Tian Feng, sorry for making you worried over such a silly stuff. I told you it wasn’t important >_<”.

2 comments:

tianfeng said...

@.@lll my post wasn't about you...
haha... you think too much lah.

Adrian K said...

Bluek, it just came out in my mind when I was writing it. Its a bit related =p.