Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bleh, stop the nagging!

Today was just another day. Woke up at 8am and went for my driving lessons at 8.30am till 1pm. Need to do both the car and the motorcycle. Still grasping it well, however my car instructor today was pretty annoying, well the first one that is.

That look on his face. Gosh, the moment I stepped into the car he started nagging. Gosh give me a break. And well, mistakes follows after that. Tell me, who can concentrate with that constant nagging beside you. To add one, he would frequently grab the steering wheel so tightly that ended up being sort of a tug o war between me and him. Its enough that I couldn't concentrate with him around, he had to give me occasional shocks as well.

The prime time was when he told me this:

Wa ka lu kong, lu be hua hi wa , lu be hua hi wa lang eh kong si, lu mian ka wa lang ook.

Lu si lai ai ook chia, lu be hua hi wa, a ne kuan mian lai ka wa lang ook.

Translation:

I'm telling you, if you can't look up on me and this company, you don't have to learn with us.

You are here to learn how to drive, if you can't look up on me, then you don't have to come and learn with us.

I refuse to use the word respect in the translation. Or rather was, he was implying I should look up to him, bow down to him kinda thing. Listen to his every word.

Respect have to be earn, not demanded.

I'm okay if you want to teach me but however, please don't make me stress out with the constant nagging.

And I thought I escape this once i left home, although mum has been nagging less often.

However so, i try to be polite to him. Every time I do a step like changing the gear, releasing the clutch, steering the wheel, I would ask him.

Is this correct uncle?

Then he would have that smile.. of satisfaction.

However after I'm done with my lesson, I had a quiet time to ponder on it. Perhaps it’s just the way he does thing. Can't blame him for that can't I?

However I'm not going to have him as my instructor. I'm worried due to constant nagging I might run over something.

So fret not... the drivers in Penang are still safe, from me.

For now

2 comments:

9PEK9BO said...

Why so lanxi one this instructor? That uncle could be having a bad day after a row with wife in the morning kua...hehehe!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.