Saturday, January 22, 2011

FNM Report?

I seriously need to change my Mindset. I CAN BEAT ERIC! For goodness sake why do I keep making silly mistakes when I face against Eric?

Game 1 : Valakut Ramp 2-0 (The only guy apart from Tzong Tay running Valakut)
Needless to say Kudoltha turn 1, bushwhacker turn 2 and goblin chieftain turn 3 for the win. Manage to Kudoltha T1 both games though. Went safe dropping just one goblin guide instead of 2 on Turn two just incase of a pyroclasm. When I was sure he didn't have it, I drop another one + bushwhacker for the win.

Game 2: Pyromancer Ascension 2-0 (Jamie)
Kudoltha Rebirth and and solid pressure for the win since he was lacking of burn spells. Game 2 lasted a bit longer as he kept burning down my creatures and pyroclasm my rebirth tokens. He then later on proceed to drop a Frost Titan Turn 6. He was at 5 life with me hitting with and equiped memnite for 2. Since he was tapped out, I devastating summons for 5 allowing me to have 2 5/5. He conceded after that.

Game 3: Titanz Revenge 2.0 (David)
Round 1 ended quickly with a Kudoltha Rebirth and a quick finish with 3 Bushwhacker in hand and a Goblin Chieftan.

Game 4: Caw Go [U/W Control] (Eric) 1-2
Round one sees him controlling the board via Counterspells and Journey to Nowhere and landing Jace TMS Fateseelng me for the win.

Round 2 I started the game with Goblin Guide and it reveal that he had a Jace TMS on his next draw. Turn two I lay down a Spikeshot Elder and Teetering Peaks. Koth was in my hand but I knew he had a TMS so I was waiting for him to tapped out before I land my Koth. He Ratchet bomb my land that I turned into a 4/4 creature via Koth as he was on 3 life. I hit with a Memnite, then sacrifice it to give him the Idol I just played to him sealing the game as he was on 2 with no creatures to give it back to me.

Round 3 was rather stupid. I wanted to prove a point and avoid the mistake that I did last week mulliganing to 5 with plenty of lands so I kept a 5 land hand. I manage to draw creatures and spell and the game lasted pretty long with me Arc Trailing his Squadron Hawks and trading spells via counter magic. He was finally on 3 life left, I attempted to Mark of Mutiny his Squadron Hawk so that he will drop to one but he blocked it via an activated Collonade. =( Then for the rest of the game, I couldn't draw a lightning bolt OR burst lightning even when I had all of them still in my Deck.

Eric said that if I had mulligan I would have win as the last 3 damage would come pretty swiftly as he didnt have counterspells. Though I really hate Journey to Nowhere and Ratchet Bomb but it couldn't be help.

Though I should have notice that he didn't fateseal me on his last turn before I conceded and instead choose to brainstorm. But I drew a Memnite and that was it, I extended my hand to him and say good game. Only later revealing my starting hand :p.

The person who was at 9 point as well lost in his last round to Rick. I was 2-0 all the way and unless he was 2-0 as well, it would seem reasonable for me to be 2nd place. But it appears that he was 2nd and I was third. Next week, I shall try to record 2-1 instead and try to fight a 6 pointer instead of a 9 pointer. The strategic play would be that, but I think I just want to beat Eric.

Final game count : Eric 3 : 1
2 Loss to his RDW
1 Win and 1 loss to his Caw Go

Though I must say, His RDW is much build towards beating control and mine towards a more stable play beating Aggro decks and control in the sideboard.

No comments: