Sunday, April 3, 2011

The few that survived.... A story of White Sugar Cake/Steam Rice Cake

Thursday night, early Friday morning and I can't remember what provoked me, but I ended up looking for Pak Thong Koh recipes online and went and buy the ingredients the next morning at 7am.

It's pretty weird for me to have such sudden cravings and being in the UK, if you crave for it, you have to make it yourself.

First attempt was a total failure as apparently the yeast wasn't fermented well yet. (Looks at the recipe that says leave it for 2-3 hours.) So my 2nd attempt I left it overnight and for that night, I ate Nando's Extra Hot Peri Peri Chicken instead (marinade myself) together with Extra Extra Hot Sauce ^^.

So when I finally wake up on Saturday, its time to make it again.

Partial success with half of it looking good while the other half looks soggy. Lesson learnt, leave it to ferment overnight and I have to steam it for quite a long time.

Here's a picture of those that actually look okay, I will make a third attempt tomorrow and see how it goes :)



No comments: