Thursday, April 7, 2011

Grrrrrr....!

I want my cookie back! Grrrr!

I dislike 'beggars' who only comes at a specific time, targets specific people and dress better than I do!

Was eating subway and this lady came in with her baby (She normally lingers around Lidl from 6pm-7.30pm, you wouldn't find her anytime elsewhere.)

Well she came in, walk straight to my table and extended her hand. Knowing her I said no but she shrugs while holding her her baby and say but you have a footlong sandwich. For that instant I though, I'm hungry, I'm a student, I lived on £10 a week (Including telephone bills!), I still manage. Real beggars are actually very easy to identify. They don't walk around poaching people like tigers, are fine even if you just walk by, dress normally (not extremely shruggy,shabby and are definitely not well dress!). But as she kept on pestering me, I said here's a cookie. (Which lead me to buying 3 extra cookies later on, cause I WANT my Macadamia Nut Cookie). She took it, gave me a shrug and left the shop, without saying Thank You!

I bet that was for me giving her a cookie instead of some money. =/

I then proceed to do and extremely stupid thing which goes like this.

She left. I looked around and then thought, 'Damn, I'm the only Asian here. No wonder!'. Then a second thought came into my mind, 'Why the hell did I just thought of that?'

Typical stereotype.

Ah she's Pakistani-ish. That explains the Asian thought.

Forget about that, enough ranting. Honestly, I do give to beggars. Every 10th that asked me to be honest Yes, even when its the one next to the ATM if its the 10th.That was my principal since my first year here.) or whenever I think they really need it, though its normally involves either a small amount of money or me going to the nearest food shop and buying them a meal.

I feel its better giving them what they need that giving them food.  Asking them what they will do with the money, specifically and then buying the actual thing is actually better.

Beggars can't be choosers, right?

No comments: