Saturday, April 16, 2011

Just for me

I wrote this song, its not too long,
cause I've been thinking 'bout you,
I wrote this song, maybe I'm wrong,
To be caught up about you.

Khalil Fong

I am not someone who sings well. As a matter of fact I came to believe that I am tone deaf (In singing at least since I often sing mono tone).

I believe singing songs is a rite of life, something we do to harmonize ourselves with the events that passes us each and every day. The tears and joys of past and future, that we hope to one day experience, remember or forget. 

I still remember back in the good old days, I was a member of the choir. Mrs. Koay (Ironically she is not related to me despite having the same surname) recruited all three of us into the school choir group. Back then I had practise, and I sung. 

High school? Not even one bit. I think it was after a talent time audition that Ms. Judy told me that I need to practise more as my singing had no variations in them. I was just on the same tone most of the song. I stopped singing then, gradually in public and then lately stop when I was showering as well. I just hum most of the time. 

Though singing is part of life, and I start singing back, a least in secret. My friends knew I was singing to myself, but they will never hear it. I'm too timid to let them hear it all out.

This past events, this turmoil has led me to write a song. Its not such a long song and when I sang it, it was around 3 minutes long. I'm actually surprise how well it went. :)

So whenever I feel lonely, sad or happy I'll listen to my own recording of this song. Its a song written and sung by me, just for me.

Isn't that nice?


Miles after miles,
I’ll run to the sun,
If I could chase,
A million stars I would,


No comments: